EUROLUX Universal Primer is a fast-drying, waterborne primer for use on sheet rock, wood, aluminum, and masonry. EUROLUX Universal Primer may also be used on previously painted waterborne or solventborne finishes, which have been cleaned and lightly sanded. This primer is intended for both interior and exterior applications. EUROLUX Universal Primer provides an ideal foundation for all Fine Paints of Europe waterborne and solventborne paints, including ECO. EUROLUX Universal Primer may be tinted to any color.
Walls, ceilings, and woodwork.
New unpainted surfaces: light sanding and surface cleaning, apply one coat of EUROLUX Universal Primer by brush, roller or spray. Sand with 320 sandpaper before application of finish paint.
Previously painted surfaces: Old finishes in poor condition should be removed or sanded harshly before priming with EUROLUX Universal Primer. Previously painted surfaces must be free of dirt, grease or other contaminates which could interfere with adhesion. After one coat of EUROLUX Universal Primer has been applied, sand with 320 sandpaper before application of the finish paint. EUROLUX Universal Primer should be applied with a synthetic brush, roller or sprayer. Apply smooth, even coats with minimal brushing or rolling, for best results. Do not apply at temperatures below 50 F or above 80 F or when relative humidity exceeds 80%. Clean tools immediately after use with hot water. Drying time: dust-free after approximately 30 minutes; can be recoated after approximately 4 hours. Apply without thinning under normal environmental conditions. If necessary, EUROLUX Universal Primer may be thinned slightly with water ( maximum 3 ounces per Eurogallon/2.5 Liters ). Stir well before use.
- Excellent adhesion
- Suitable for use under all FPE Paint systems
- High Build
- Extended wet edge time
- Superior Leveling
- Good square footage coverage
- Easy application
- Solvent free (Green)
- Packaging: 1 Liter, 2.5 Liter, 5.0L (5.0L available in store only)
- Solids Content: Approx. 40% by volume
- Viscosity at 68 degrees F: Approx. 114 KU
- Finish: Low Sheen
- Sizes: 1 liter, 2.5 liter eurogallon, 5.0 liter (store only)
- Features: tintable, low voc
- Application: 3/8” nap roller, synthetic bristle brush, or spray
- Consistency: Ready to use.
- Recommended film thickness:
- wet: 88 microns/coat ( approx. 3.46 mils )
- dry: 35 microns/coat ( approx. 1.37 mils )
- Thinning: Water; thin only if absolutely necessary (sparingly)
- Clean-up: Clean tools immediately after use with warm water.
- Drying time: dust-free after approximately 30 minutes (68deg/65% humidity) ; can be recoated after approximately 4 hours.
- Coverage: 1 Liter: 123 square feet, 2.5 liter: 307 square feet, 5 liter: 615 square feet.
- VOC: 100g/l
WATERBORNE COLORANTS – FOR U.S. ONLY:
Colorant AQ 600 White USA
Colorant AQ 610 Organic Yellow USA
Colorant AQ 620 Organic Orange USA
Colorant AQ 630 Organic Red USA
Colorant AQ 644 Organic Violet USA
Colorant AQ 641 Blue Violet USA
Colorant AQ 650 Phtalic Blue USA
Colorant AQ 660 Phtalic Green USA
Colorant AQ 661 Oxide Green USA
Colorant AQ 670 Oxide Yellow USA
Colorant AQ 688 Oxide Red USA
Colorant AQ 700 Black USA
INDEPDENDENT LAB REPORTS
Independent Lab Reports from Marschall Labs